Family counseling is a type of therapy that can help families with any of the issues they may be facing. At The Dell Center, our Park City therapists know that different families have different needs, so we work closely with all family members to identify core issues, address all communication styles (both verbal and nonverbal) as well as any individual issues that may be interfering with the cohesiveness of the family unit, and ultimately strengthen the family relationships.
Some common reasons why people seek out a family counseling therapist are:
- Problems with a child such as issues at school, substance abuse, bullying, depression, various mood disorder or eating disorders
- Sudden loss of a family member or friend
- A significant disturbance or change that impacts the entire family, for example, relocation to a new city, a sibling leaving the home, or displacement due to a disaster
- Divorce or splitting up of the parental unit
- Introduction of a new family member to the household, for example, birth of a sibling, blended families living together, adoption, or aunt/uncle/grandparent living in the home.
- Fighting amongst the parents
We offer both individual and group counseling services to adolescents and adults to treat a range of mental health and mood disorders, as well as assist in solving personal and interpersonal difficulties, improving relationships and promoting healthy family dynamics. Our treatment approaches build on individual and family strengths and their unique capacity for change and growth, all while addressing individual behavioral concerns and developmental needs. Contact us today!
Family problems from mild to severe will challenge every family at some point. These can result from behavioral and mental issues in the family or from specific, stressful events. Common problems can include:
• Financial issues
• Substance abuse
• Behavioral issues and academic concerns
• Mental health concerns
• Separate, divorce or blended family adjustments
• Chronic illness
Counseling for Children During Family Changes
Children typically respond to significant family changes differently than adults. Often times, concerned loved ones start to see their younger family members begin to act out because they aren’t able to process their feelings.
The Dell Center for Therapy can help. Some of the types of family counseling services we offer at our Salt Lake City and Park City locations are related to life changes such as:
- Death of a loved one
- Relocation (such as a parent changing jobs)
- Divorce or separation
- Bullying at school
- Depression or mental illness in the family
- Substance abuse
- Teen issues
- Mixed families
As licensed psychotherapists, we offer family counseling that’s tailored to create a happier and harmonious relationship between everyone in your home.
Therapy for Healthier Parent-Child Relationships
When two parents come from different backgrounds, they tend to parent differently as well. This can affect the relationship that they have with each other and with their children. Our Utah family therapist helps parents and children of all ages find ways to communicate better, so that everyone feels valued and respected.
Online Family Counseling
Getting everyone in one place at the same time can be especially challenging for busy families. Our flexible internet counseling services make it easy for you, your spouse, and/or your child to work with our licensed therapist whenever it’s most convenient.
If you’re looking for a family therapist in Salt Lake City or online counseling in Utah, book an appointment at The Dell Center for Therapy today.